Saturday, August 15, 2009

Posh drinks

PVR Priya, the market area that we headed to, was, as I was informed after we arrived and went through security, a target for a terrorist attack in the past. It has since become very secure, and guards are dispersed throughout, and tend to all of the entries, so I was not concerned about safety issues. We wandered around a bit looking at the stores that scatter the market area, most familiar to me and some not. We then came across a fountain to sit down at, which I think from the steep incline of the slick stones in front of the fountain we were not actually supposed to sit there, and took a few pictures.

Being in a posh area, we decided to splurge at a fancy coffee house after our photo session, this is not a common extravagance that students get to have, so Rahul and I were happy to give the Bihar brothers and Ashutosh a small treat and rest from the heat of the day inside the AC. The interior is very similar to chain coffee houses in the States, i.e. Starbucks, but the service is much, much, much slower. To their defense, they do serve you at the table, but still they move at the pace of snails. I was later told that this was caused by the people that tend to populate coffee houses in India. Couples, lacking much money but still wanting to spend time with each other, will go to a coffee house, order a 100 rupee coffee, and sit and talk with each other for hours on end. If you are looking for a fast cup of joe, this is not a place you would want to go.

On order from our table included 3 mint mojitos, non-alcoholic if you were wondering, a ginger spritzer, and mango chill. My drink of choice, being an against the grain kind of guy at that moment, was the bright pink ginger spritzer. It was like a herd of ginger-beasts trampled the prairie of my taste buds; my sinuses began to hurt a bit after I finished the drink. All of the beverages were drinkable, but the mojito was by far the best drink, as the mango was watery, and the ginger being as it was previously described, was not the favored drink. Sad I had to finish that concoction. That is what I get for being different I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment