Friday, August 21, 2009

Convocation, Matriculation, Graduation.. whatever you want to call it really

Rahul’s ceremony started bright and early, well at least for him. He had to be up and to the event at 9a sharp. Usually, from what I have noticed and been told, Indians run on DST, Daisy Standard Time. DST usually means anywhere from 15-50 minutes late. Here I had been running on DST and never even known it, I’ll be damned. So when the directors say be there at 9a sharp, they mean 9a sharp or else. So that was a bit rough for my travel partner. Luckily the rest of us did not have to be there until around 11.

Convocation went much as most graduation ceremonies do. Really important people, that most people at least have an idea who they are, minus me who needed filled in, talk for a really long time about your future and how bright it is. This particular ceremony they spoke about how the youth of India cannot be stopped, unlike the flow of a river with a dam. Thankfully for me, and Rohit my translator on duty, most of the ceremony was held in English.

We took a few snaps, congratulated Rahul, grabbed some free lunch in the mess hall, and relaxed for a bit before we took on the rest of the day. Rohit and Didi did their thing, I am still not sure what they did, and Rahul and I planned on attending a formal party for the Alums that night.

First though, we decided to nap, well at least I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment